Thursday, July 15, 2010

YUMMERS!

For dinner tonight, we had mashed potatoes with kale and scallions (thanks, Valerie!), fresh pickled beets, and fresh blackberries. I am so in love with our farm share! I was a little bit apprehensive about putting kale in the mashed potatoes, but I figured that it would just be a vehicle to use up some of the great big bunches of greens we need to get through this week, and that at worst, the potatoes would at least partially mask any harsh or bitter taste. I was so very, very wrong - the kale added a great flavor that really complemented the potatoes. It makes me want to always have greens in my potatoes. And the scallions added that little kick that made them sing. Now, who has an awesome recipe for summer squash or radiccio?
blog comments powered by Disqus