Friday, May 22, 2009

Bedtime Song

As I put the kids down to bed tonight, Go-go asked for one more song.  I started to sing my favorite lullaby, Edelweiss, but he cut me off and said, "No, Mom!  A Jesus song!"  OK, I know more than a few of those, so I thought this was an easy request.  I started off with 'Tell Me the Stories of Jesus' which he listened to politely and then said, "No, Mom!  Not that one."  So I started to sing 'Jesus Once Was a Little Child.'  This time, he only let me get through one line before telling me that I still had the wrong one.  'I Am a Child of God' didn't go over any better.

By this time, I was running out of ideas.  "What Jesus song do you want me to sing?"  

"Oh, you know, Mom.  My Jesus song."

"Well, remind me how it goes, OK."

The tune was eerily similar to the song they play at the beginning of a movie with the dancing soda cups and hot dogs.  You know, the one that goes, "Let's all go to the lobby, let's all go to the lobby, let's all go to the lobby, and get ourselves some snacks."

Go-go proceeded to sing with gusto and at the top of his lungs:

"Jesus had a transformer!
Jesus had a transformer!
Jesus had a transformer!
And He likes to fight with it!"


blog comments powered by Disqus